Friday, November 14, 2014

Rosalina & Ura

Rosalina dropped the dagger onto the forest floor, hands to her mouth at the realization of what she had just done.
"I-I-I..." she started while Ura arose from under the dead man. He let the body plop to the ground, spitting on it before his sharp eyes fell onto the girl who had fallen to her knees.
"He deserved it. Stupid demon hunters will never learn." His words were harsh on her ears.
"I didn't know what to do. I didn't want you to die but I didn't...I didn't... I never wanted to kill anyone!" she exclaimed, her hands tightening their grip over her chest. She took a step back in dismay as Ura took a step towards her. His annoyed expression grew more impatient with the cowering girl.
"If we don't leave now, this man's partner will attempt to kill us, as well." The girl shook her head quickly, placing her hands lightly onto the ground as she stared at the lifeless body.
"This would have never happened if I didn't let you out of that cage..." she spoke but winced once his hand went flying above her.  She heard the snapping of a tree behind her and the thunderous sound it made as it fell.
"YOU'VE HAD PLENTY OF TIMES TO KILL ME! DON'T YOU DARE BLAME THIS ON ME!" he snarled. The animal-like nature seeped through with his growl. His bared his sharp teeth in front of her face. She didn't dare look away from his eyes. It felt like he stared into her soul and debated whether he should eat it then or later. He moved his fist back. She shut her eyes tightly, ready to face the demon's wraith. It never came as he pushed her over and she landed on her back against the mossy ground. She swallowed hard as he moved his head down and rested it on her chest. "I will follow you to the end... but don't you dare blame it on me," he breathed roughly. Her eyes widened at his words. "It is your fault. You led me from my darkness in that cage."
"And you guided me into darkness," she whispered, moving her hands to hold him. He avoided her arms, pulling her up from the ground and dragging her away from her sin.
"Don't even start. Hurry. We have no time for this. It is making me feel ill."

"But you started..." she began speaking, but she stopped as his eyes glared at her.  "Let us run…" she muttered as tears ran down her face. She could have sworn she saw the smallest glint of a smile on his lips as he turned to face forward and continued away from it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please answer the questions so I get to know about my reads and let me know what do you want to read?