Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Yea, Though I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death...

    The chains rattled as he pulled me forward. My tired brown eyes stared down, my bare legs trembling from the endless walking forced upon me. The moon's light glittered from the broken shards upon the ground. The blood from my feet painted the walkway. With each weary step more fragments of glass crushed and slipped into my soles. If I wasn't so numb, a whimper may have escaped my lips. Not one tear was shed. He pulled the chain harder across my neck, causing me to stumble. Landing forward, I let my body collapse onto the pieces, feeling them sinking into me slowly. I lifted my head up, blood dripping from my mouth. I stared up at him. His hand tightened around the leash as we made eye contact.
     "Why do you do this to yourself?"
     "If I had the answer for that, I wouldn't be here. Why stop when we are half-past dead, anyways?" I replied with a small chuckle.
     He stared blankly at me, before raising his head towards the moon. A laugh escaped his mouth while his eyes glistened, shaking his head.
     "Looks like rain. Get up."
     "Are you alright?" I asked.
     "No."
     I spat blood to the side, wiping my mouth only to cut my lips with more shards embedded in my hand. I slowly ran my tongue across the wound. The strong iron taste pleased me.
     "Everything is still the same," I told him, rising to my feet in a careful manner. My naked body was dressed with my own blood and broken pride. The ensemble was completed and decorated with his tactfully placed broken heart and soul.
     "It is as if you purposely wanted destruction. If this is what you desire, then whatever makes you happy." We continued through the valley of shame and regret. I muttered under my breath, "Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please answer the questions so I get to know about my reads and let me know what do you want to read?