Thursday, October 10, 2013

Destroying My Own Heart

My heart was hanging by a thread
I locked my heart away
I used to be so happy
I used to offer my heart to others
I had so many threads keeping it up 
Then it all turned dark
I got so sad, so depressed
People started leaving me
Those who didn't cut the strings
The last thread was going to be cut
So I turned it into a chain
And somehow that made it worse
I cut the pain away 
And sawed the chain in half
My heart crashed to the ground
Shattered into tiny pieces 
And I winded up destroying myself

2 comments:

  1. You have some really powerful words here: "shattered", "crashed", "sawed". Very powerful and emotional poem, I loved it.

    www.alicekouzmenkowriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please answer the questions so I get to know about my reads and let me know what do you want to read?